Have you heard of the term “Imposter Syndrome”?
“Impostor syndrome (also known as impostor phenomenon, impostorism, fraud syndrome or the impostor experience) is a psychological pattern in which one doubts one’s accomplishments and has a persistent internalized fear of being exposed as a “fraud”. – Wikipedia
Everyone seems to feel it sometimes. Whether they fear being outed as incompetent, not experienced enough, not skilled enough, not old enough, not thin enough, not fit enough, not Zen enough…. anything is up for grabs when it comes to feeling like an impostor.
Do you ever feel that way? Like somehow you’ll be exposed as a fraud?
I know I do. These days many people are feeling ready to re-invent themselves in some way. We all seem to be coming out of this pandemic with the realization that we want to do less of what we don’t want, and more of what we do want. We want to enjoy our lives more. Work less (or at least work happier), play more. We all want to slow down, and make sure we aren’t wasting our precious time here on this planet.
I know that my work as a Life Coach helps my clients with exactly that – getting clear on what makes for a beautiful life for them, and what they need to focus on to make it a reality.
The thing is, I too am feeling the nudge to change! I’m navigating new waters and sometimes feel like I’m lost in some serious seaweed.
Enter IMPOSTOR SYNDROME.
Who am I to help anyone figure their sh!t out, if I’m still in the process of figuring mine out???
Here’s how to beat Impostor Syndrome:
- Own what you don’t know. Nothing builds trust better than being 100% honest about what you know, and what you don’t. This way there is nothing to expose! For me, I’m not saying I know what needs to change in your life. Or even that anything needs to change at all. What I do know, is how to guide you on the path back towards your own Truth. In that process YOU will find what’s right for you. I actually have NO IDEA what that is.
- Take a comparison vacation. It can be easy to slip down the rabbit hole of looking to others who seem to be further along than you are, and just end up beating your confidence to a pulp. There are a bazillion different coaching programs out there. Even more Life Coaches. Business Coaches, Spiritual Guides, Career Mentors and much more. I know that you’re reading this today, because something about ME speaks to you. Something about my approach, my message, my energy. All I need to do is be as authentic as possible with you, and stop trying to be like anyone else. Then how can I be exposed as an impostor?
- Celebrate how far you’ve come, love. You’re here today, after a whole backstory of Life Lived. Along the way, there have been some wicked successes. And THAT is why you’re more than good enough, already. I’ve been Coaching for 5 years already. I have been helping women, just like you, return to their Truth. The outcomes were always different. Often, so was the path we had to take to get there. But I know that with my training, my professional experience, and my personal growth, that I can help people. Because I’ve already done it, so many times before!
Pre-Covid 19 I’ve helped my coaching clients make some beautiful changes in their lives. The tools are the same for our current world. The landscape around us has changed, but confidence comes from inside. Knowing what’s right for us, and what’s next in our lives comes from deeply knowing ourselves, and learning how to listen to our intuition.
Here is what some of my previous clients are up to today:
- Running and operating a co-working space founded with her sister.
- Added title “Life Coach” to that of Massage Therapist and Yoga Teacher.
- Changed careers from high-school teacher to Birth and Fertility Doula, and Prenatal Yoga Teacher.
- Sold her dance studio and now living on a beach in Costa Rica working remotely as a business consultant.
- Took a YTT and boosted her confidence in her role at her workplace Now she’s not only a manager, but a confidant and mentor to her team.
- Fulfilled her dream to move to Southern Italy, found love, and is now a momma to a beautiful baby boy.
So tell me love, with the world changing, are you starting to wonder if it’s time that you change too?
In one coaching session, everything can change. Try it! You can book a one hour virtual session with me, here. Let’s beat that impostor syndrome and uncover your True path forward in these crazy times!